After each use:
- Rinse the saw, bar, and chain with water.
- Follow instructions on the Daily Maintenance Label, located on the air filter cover.
- Inspect and tighten all fasteners as necessary.
- Inspect drive sprocket for tooth wear. Replace if tooth tips are pointed.
- Inspect the starter cord. Replace if frayed.
- Clean and inspect air filter. Replace as necessary.
- Spray saw, bar, and chain with lightweight oil.
- Grease the chain tensioner.
After 10 hours of Use
- Remove the starter cover and lubricate the starter recoil spring. Clean the flywheel fins and the starter pawls with a wire brush, then grease the starter pawls.
- Remove the spark plug and clean with a wire brush. Check the electrode gap. The correct gap is 0.02 inches (0.5 mm).
After 40 hours of Use
- Change the spark plug. Adjust the electrode to gap per Operator Manual specs.
- Check the fuel filter located inside the fuel tank. Clean or replace if clogged.
DSI Products & Services